Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ugh

My modus operandi is to attend Jean's family reunion on even years, and Anime Expo on odd years. This means that the next Expo I've got in my queue is Anime Expo 2007. But now I learn that AX2007 will most likely be held at the Long Beach Convention Center. My gripe is that it just ain't as friendly a location. The pedestrian opportunities are less (no Downtown Disney, for instance) and the staff of the LBCC is pretty rude. So just 'ugh'.

Who got the Anaheim Convention Center for 2007? According to a post on the Anime News Network forums by someone claiming to be on the SPJA staff, nicknamed xstylus [okay, a little Googling turns up:Troy Williams (XStylus) -AX2004 American VIP Relations Mgr. - troy.williams@spja.org], the Shriners booked the ACC for 2007 as early as 2003. So the message is "don't mess with the Shriners."


No comments:

Post a Comment