Monday, July 4, 2005

Con End

A very light day. We wandered about a bit, I bought still more Hong Kong movies, then we ran and caught Gun Sword. It was a raw Japanese screening, the first episode of a show which has not even aired in Japan yet. That sort of event is getting increasingly rare at Expo, so this was a treat.

We attended the charity auction, where James won two bidding wars, spending way too much money on a couple of Gundam character sketches. The record bid of the auction was for a sketch from Howl's Moving Castle, for $13,000!

We spent the evening at California Adventure and Disneyland. We all went and ate at Ariel's Grotto, but Ariel wasn't there! In fact, she no longer works there! Excuse me? Ariel's Grotto??!!?? In any case, I still took some character photos.

Afterwards, Dan wanted to try to experience a bunch of rides, and hijacked me as his 'guide'. We did the Maliboomer and California Screamin', and were fortunate to get four rides in a row on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. We then crossed over to Disneyland. We rode the Matterhorn, the Teacup, Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion. Finally we'd had enough and headed back to the room.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, how rude of her ;^)~
    And worse, the following day, I never saw her in her public signing area! So I just never got that chance to connect with my favorite character! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to take advantage of the what life presents you ^_~ hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course. See if I don't post the picture that explains what you're talking about ;^)~

    ReplyDelete
  4. *eyebrowlift* Oh do post the picture of him with the hottie chicks, please do, or at least email it to me *smirk* =)

    ReplyDelete