Sunday, July 3, 2005

Sunday Highlights

We ate breakfast at Coco's (second time) and then Dan and I went to the Del Rey Manga panel. The guy running the panel was their editor for the manga line, and he is a true believer. He ran through a number of their titles, talking each one up as he presented it. I ended up buying volume one of Wallflower for Kelly. Next we headed off to see Ultraman The Next live action movie. I grew up in Washington, D.C., and we had UHF channels that showed all sorts of crap, including Ultraman, direct from Japan. So it holds a special place in my heart, and I had lots of fun.

By that time it was time to go stand in line, forever, for the Maaya Sakamoto concert. It was a slow, mellow concert, and I bought a CD of Maaya's songs, again for Kelly. Then we ate at the Hilton restaurant, and now we're just sitting in the room. Alan is going totally nutso with faux accents, doing his best to annoy me, and not yet succeeding. We are waiting for the masquerade to finish so that we can go out and photograph the cosplayers, so until then we're gonna watch a Hong Kong movie on Jeremy's laptop computer.

Oh, and the last two nights we ate at the Naples restaurant in Downtown Disney, and at Tiffy's next to Coco's. Just for the record...


No comments:

Post a Comment