Thursday, January 16, 2003

Two Years and Counting

Through a remarkable feat of wizardry I've not only imported all my articles from the Greymatter weblog I've run these last several months, but...

I coded up an application in Python XML-RPC to fetch all (or most, discounting errors) of the articles I wrote in the original Terebi.weblogs.com, the weblog that started this whole mess. So now I've got posts dating back to October 2000. W00t! Two years of posting last October, it just crept past me!

With a little massaging, I got the file into the format that Movable Type likes to import (okay, a lot of massaging), and sucked 'em all in. Once again, I make no guarantees about link breakage, and images are definitely out in this batch. But the text is there.

I feel like an old pro now!

2 comments: