Friday, January 31, 2003

Sleep

Well, following the 0.5g, 0.5g, 1g dosage plan, I got at least six hours of sleep last night -- just one hour shy of what I consider a normal night's sleep, so I feel much better. By yesterday evening I was feeling depressed and pessimistic. I still don't think the cat scan will turn up anything, so perhaps I'll try calling up Dr. Tirjer and seeing if we can schedule a visit with a neurologist 'in tandem', or at least try to set up an appointment to follow the cat scan quickly, rather than another two to four weeks.

And in the meantime, I'll continue the gradual reduction in meds, and hope that the twitch doesn't return with a vengeance. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I don't think I saw when (if) you first posted about "the twitch."
    In any case, it's no fun trying to hunt down, diagnose, and mend mysterious ailments. My sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kindness, Pascale. I thought I'd mentioned it, as my sister emailed me in concern early on, but I'm pretty flaky over the whole thing, so if I only just started posting about it, oops!
    How are you holding up, with your demanding new life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I did mention it:
    So I'm not senile yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang this comment system. It stripped the URL right out! The post I was talking about was December 1st, 'Holiday Report'.

    ReplyDelete