Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Downward Spiral

Back from the Endodontist, Dr. Lampert. The left side of my face is numb and puffy. Haven't had time for the novocaine to wear off and let me feel the soreness.

Dr. Lampert tells me that the shadow on the x-ray is not my damaged root, but rather bone loss next to the tooth. Bacteria in the dying nerve were leaking out into the surrounding tissue, and overrunning my immune system. So he wants to see me in three months to make sure that, now that the bacterial source is removed, my body is able to get a leg up and start rebuilding that bone.

So in addition to having to see my regular dentist to get the permanent filling on top of the root canal, I now have to wait months to find out if my final prognosis is good. Needless to say, i am a tad vexed.


No comments:

Post a Comment