Sunday, January 16, 2005

Simplicity?

Too soon to say. But Kelly and I pinned the patterns for the Simplicity dress onto our fabric, then she did the cutting, and I did the marking (with an ordinary #2 pencil, since we lacked the 'chalk' pencil mentioned in the directions). Now all the bits of cloth are sitting patiently in the bay window where Mr. Sun can get to work fading the floral prints!

I told Kelly yesterday that she was going to have to hand stitch everything, and she immediately asked "don't we have a sewing machine?" I told her about the antiquated machine sitting in the garage, and assured her that at 30+ years of age, it probably didn't even work. But she had me haul it in anyway. The complete absence of a power cord quickly put an end to that fantasy. So sometime during the week, we'll begin with the stitching. Cross your fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment