Monday, January 24, 2005

Jiang Hu

I forgot to mention that I finally got around to watching Jiang Hu. This was a present from James, one of my anime buddies. He bought it at last year's Anime Expo (held every year over the July Fourth weekend), so that should give you an idea how long I can sit on a DVD.

I actually enjoyed this movie, though I watched it in patches, usually on my laptop while waiting for Kelly to attend one class or another. When I finished it, I didn't get quite the buzz I had watching Zatoichi, but that's hardly a fair comparison.

Is it worth watching in general? Probably not. Only a hardcore Asian film junkie will appreciate it, and even that worthy may walk away disappointed.

[P.S. - I'm posting this from the parking lot of Kelly's dance instructor. Wireless rocks!]


2 comments:

  1. I can now truly call you a geek =) Okay, you were already a geek, but this cememnts it further *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I consider your imprimatur *much* more valuable than some online geek test! ;^)~

    ReplyDelete