Sunday, April 25, 2004

Spendy

I made the first of two somewhat pricey purchases today, all part of my nefarious plan! What did I buy? A 15GB iPod. I blame you Tom!

The other purchase is staged over the next couple of weeks. I'm planning on buying a Nikon D70 digital SLR body. I'll use my existing lenses with it, and work on getting familiar enough with it to turn out decent pictures when we go to Disneyland this summer for Kelly's birthday. This is the second time we're doing this, and as last time I used a Olympus Stylus Epic with Disneychrome -- pardon, Fuji Velvia -- I decided to see if I couldn't do something different. True, my old Nikon Coolpix 950 produces images that are adequate to put up on the web. But I want to be able to do that and get some nice-sized prints.

So the plan (a.k.a. rationalization) for this hardware is to take pictures with the D70, download 'em to the iPod while at Disneyland, then process them all back at the ranch. This plan may fall apart at the first sign of trouble, but I have hopes anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I accept full responsibility! Hehe. I -AM- the trendsetter! ^_^;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are!
    I really started leaning towards getting it after I started capturing streams of 'This American Life' off NPR for Jean's long commutes*. Now, with the iTrip, I can listen to them too. I've used it for playing my largish music collection, but mostly for time-delayed radio shows. It's sorta like my audio ReplayTV!
    Right now it has two 'This American Life's, one 'The Next Big Thing', one 'Science Friday', and a couple of 'Fresh Air's.
    --
    *: Okay, that, and standing in the Apple Store twice playing with the darn things!

    ReplyDelete