Sunday, April 25, 2004

Cooking Master Boy

Woo hoo! I now have in my possession the first 40 episodes of Cooking Master Boy! Based in an Imperial China of the pre-Industrial era, this show is about as innocent and cornball as you could hope. It's a proud member of the genre which I've only ever seen in Asia, the dueling chef adventure. While the anime was produced in Japan, the fansub I've located uses mostly Cantonese source video, which is appropriate enough, considering the setting. Okay, I know, for mainland China, it should be Mandarin, but you get my point.

I've only ever seen the first two episodes, but now I'll begin doling them out, letting them compete for airtime with Chrno Crusade and Bakuretsu Tenshi.

There are twelve more episodes to get (it goes to 52), but I may have to be satisfied with 40, considering how long it took me to procure even these. Waiting patiently...

3 comments:

  1. So the torrent for the second set's working now? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, well enough for me to get 20-40. In the past, either the torrents for individual episodes were messed up, or no one was interested in them, so I always ended up giving up. Now a run takes me a week or more of time, but at least I got the damn things.
    Trying to get 41-52 right now.
    Are you asking because you are involved in seeding, or because you would like a set? If the latter, let me know, and I'll burn a set for Tom to give you the next time he sees you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been getting Cooking Master Boy for a while now almost have all 52 episodes just trying to get some good pics for my CD lables sorry i'm a Major anime collector have many a full series still cant get tenchi moyo and sailor moon though must be cause of the licenses dam them licenses

    ReplyDelete