Thursday, April 29, 2004

ITMS Freebies

To celebrate their one year anniversary, the iTunes Music Store is giving away a tune a day for eight days "to broaden your musical horizons" and thank users of the store. I got the first two tunes, and don't have very high hopes:


  • My Hero - Foo Fighters. Well, I've heard that the Foo Fighters were a great 'alternarock' band, but by this sample, it sounds pretty pedestrian and same-old-same-old to me. Just another MTV rock band.

  • Avril Lavigne. I don't remember the name of the song, it's that memorable. Just another teeny-bopper adrenaline pop number. Some of 'em have caught my fancy in the past, but this is just too annoying to me.



Upcoming songs might offer something better. I have hopes (and some trepidation) for the Courtney Love song, tomorrow, and I feel almost certain that I'll like Saturday's tune, from Annie Lennox. As for the remainder, I'm fearful that they're all just more corporate rock with little distinct personality. We'll see. The remaining freebies are from Jane's Addiction, Counting Crows, Renee Fleming and Nelly Furtado. Anyone like these guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment