Tuesday, June 5, 2001

Smile...



Yesterday was actually busier than I expected, so here's Saturday's news...





Kelly and I were at home while Jean was running errands. Kelly surprised me by turning off the television herself! But I was eating lunch, so I kept reading my book as she played quietly by herself. After a little while, she left the room, nothing extraordinary in that.





Time passed, and Kelly came back into the living room. I saw her approaching in the periphery of my vision. "Daddy?" I turned around. In a rather loose circle around her lips was a ring of lipstick. There were signs that she'd actually tried to apply it carefully, but no such luck. "Am I beautiful?"





Speaking directly to the question, I replied "of course you are. Your lipstick is a little smeared, let me help touch it up..."



No comments:

Post a Comment