Friday, June 22, 2001

Never Ending Math Equation



I'm the same as I was when I was 6 years old


And oh my God I feel so damn old


I don't really feel anything


On a plane, I can see the tiny lights below


And oh my God, they look so alone


Do they really feel anything?


Oh my God, I've gotta gotta gotta gotta move on


Where do you move when what you're moving from


Is yourself?


The universe works on a math equation


that never even ever really ends in the end


Infinity spirals out creation


We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying


We aint sure where you stand


You aint machines and you aint land


And the plants and the animals, they are linked


And the plants and the animals eat each other


Oh my God and oh my cat


I told my Dad what I need


Well I don't want to have and want


But I don't know what I need


Well, he said he said he said he said


"Where we're going I'm dead."




From Building Nothing Out Of Something, by Modest Mouse





This is my honest to god most favoritest song of the last six months. I've got the album, and while other songs are cool, this one (the first) is the most drill-into-your-head cool on it. I'm ordering/getting The Lonesome, Crowded West this weekend. It contains Cowboy Dan, a tune I got off of Napster. Take that, RIAA rats!



No comments:

Post a Comment