Saturday, August 29, 2009

Italy's Answer(s) to the <A HREF="http://www.collphyphil.org/mutter.asp">Mütter Museum</a>

Thanks to Boing Boing, I have two new anatomy-related museums to visit, should I ever make it to Italy. Recall that practically a decade ago, Jean, Renee and I found ourselves in Philadelphia for one of the Moyer Family Reunions. As I like to strike out on my own and find something unique on these trips, I was quite pleased to find the Mütter Museum. Jean and I went and spent a few hours prowling around the building.

So I was surprised and happy to find that Italy has two museums with their own unique vision on the human medical condition. I'm noting them here for that eventual trek 'in Italia'.

Museo Storico Nazionale dell'Arte Sanitaria, the National Health Museum, located in Rome.

La Specola Museum of Natural History of the University of Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment