Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tea Time

Our other 'holiday' outing was a visit to the Lavender Tea House, in Sherwood (or as the proprietress informed us, Smockville, after the man who owned most of the land in the downtown Sherwood area). Jean and I both had the 'Queen Mum', which is a plate with various finger sandwiches, some fruit, and a scone. This was served with a homemade strawberry 'freezer' jam and a clotted cream. I had some vegetable soup and a chilled tea with pineapple flavoring. Jean had a loose-leaf black tea.

Jean was telling me that her hairdresser was surprised that I was willing to go to a tea house. She apparently knows some guys who think it is 'unmanly'. Sorry dudes, I'm too secure in my masculinity to miss out on a neat nosh just 'cause it seems 'girly'. It was a lot of fun, and I'm really pleased that Jean and I got to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment