Monday, August 8, 2005

Subconscious Geek

I gave Jean a laughing fit tonight. I was coming up from downstairs, where I'd been watching Firefly, now a guaranteed recording on my Replay (after all, they're setting the scene for the movie, Serenity, due out in late September). I rounded the corner into the living room, where Jean was reading and watching television. There on the screen was a very young Sean Connery, in light garb, in a typical room for the period. Somehow I just knew which movie it was, and remarked, "oh, Dr. No!"

Jean started cracking up right away, and it took me a moment to figure out over what. "You just walked in, and it was literally two seconds! He's alone in a room, no villains, no window view, and you name the movie!" My inner geek is showing. Really, I just got lucky. But we both found the unconscious remark pretty funny, in a pathetic sort of way.

1 comment:

  1. 'scuse me, dear, it was *less than* two seconds. With no context, no dialogue, no additional characters, in a minimal setting, and zero action. That's how well you know your Bond.
    How can I not love you?
    -Your wife.

    ReplyDelete