Sunday, June 29, 2003

Two More Movies

These'll be the last two as I'll be picking up Kelly and Jean at the airport after work tomorrow. And I'm really looking forward to seeing them, for Monday and Tuesday nights.

Anyway, I watched a movie I grabbed off the International Channel: Kickboxer's Tears, starring Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima. Let me just go on record that this movie is about as bad as anything Jean Claude Van Damme ever did. Poor photography, cheap story, bad acting, and it's own special brand of dumb, fifteen minutes of regulation kickboxing. In the end, the only thing that made it worth it was the grudge fight between Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima. I really like Yukari, and wish she'd been a bigger martial arts star. So this fight was a treat.

Just now, I finished watching the sequel to My Lucky Stars (sequel to a sequel), Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars. A number of good martial arts sequences, but otherwise the same formulaic plot and by-the-numbers humor sketches as in the previous one. Maybe I'll skip Winners and Sinners after all.

So now the only Asian movie I have in my stash unwatched is Wong Kar Wai's In the Mood for Love, a nostalgic love story that is considered one of his best works. I'm saving this one for a special occasion.

Of course, as I'm going down to Expo on Wednesday, I'll probably stock up on more Asian movies in the dealers' room.

No comments:

Post a Comment