Thursday, June 19, 2003

Neverwinter Nights

I realize all you Wintel owners have already had this game for a year or two, and grown bored with it. That's fine. I'm not driven by trendyness, I just want the fun games eventually. And since I'm completely uninterested in online play, the fact that the gamer's community has moved on to the Next Big Thing disturbs me not in the least.

So I saw on Slashdot a couple of days ago that Neverwinter Nights was available as a downloadable tech demo. I grabbed it and have been playing it ever since (thus temporarily displacing both Dungeon Siege and Fallout as my time waster of choice).

I've seen player reviews on GameFAQs.com give wildly differing ratings of the game, so I've been unsure if I wanted to get it when it came out on the Mac. Playing it myself, I'd more or less convinced myself that I'd go ahead and buy it, until tonight, when midway through a long section of the game, it crashed. Granted, it is a tech demo, rather than a completed game, but many of the negative reviews for the PC version ding it because it frequently crashed. If this is so, no way am I going to spend good money on it. So I'll wait awhile after the full release and check the reviews...

No comments:

Post a Comment