Sunday, August 3, 2008

Musical Update

I've been ever so lazy of late (okay, the last two months), so I'll warm up by posting most of my recent musical acquisitions. Since there's a backlog, you'll have to do your own links:



  • Oh Perilous World - Rasputina


  • At the Five Spot, Vol. 1 - Eric Dolphy


  • Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer


  • Brain Salad Surgery - Emerson, Lake & Palmer


  • Bag's Groove - Miles Davis


  • Riverside Profiles - Cannonball Adderley


  • Satanic Panic in the Attic - Of Montreal


  • Telephone Free Landslide Free Victory - Camper Van Beethoven


  • The Anthology - Return to Forever




Also picked up another couple of tunes by Rodrigo y Gabriela: Juan Loco, and Orion.

Finally, I was bemoaning to Tom how I only had two of the Cowboy Bebop albums:



  • Cowboy Bebop O.S.T. 1

  • Blue




Tom, as it turns out, has all seven, and so he loaned me the remainder. I have listened to them all now, including:



  • Cowgirl Ed O.S.T.


  • Ask DNA


  • Future Blues


  • No Disc


  • Vitaminless




My conclusion is that I purchased the two best in the lot. There are a lot of interesting tunes, and some real standouts, in this latter batch, but on the whole, they sound like what they are, incidental music for a quirky anime series. So thanks, Tom, you saved me from having to dump forty or fifty bucks per CD on these albums as imports. I'm happy with what I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment