Thursday, August 21, 2008

Latest eMusic Purchases

Creeping up on the end of the month, so I just grabbed these:


  • Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest. One of my earliest college vinyl purchases, long since sold to fund early movie outings with my not-yet-wife. Now I own it again! (parenthetically, quite possibly the only complete heavy metal album I've ever owned - I don't count Black Sabbath as they were a genre all their own)

  • Bee Thousand - Guided By Voices. I've had Do the Collapse for years. I found out that many consider that album a departure from Pollard's signature style, and a dissatisfying one at that. So now I'm picking up one of GBV's 'signature' albums from early in their 'low-fi' period. Need a few listens to decide what I think.

  • Round About Midnight - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. Just some tasty if inconsequential jazz.




No comments:

Post a Comment