Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tokyo Raiders

Okay, I saw this one on sale at Fry's for $7! At that price, I figured, it would be hard to go wrong. All the reviews I read said it was heavy on action and light on plot, but that's my bread and butter. I'll go one further, and say it's about pretty people saying clever things while fighting in fashionable jump-cuts and slow-mo.

I'll just include a quote from this review:


"I’ve said this before, but I relish the chance to say it again: I love Hong Kong movies where you can spot the bad guy because he’s unshaved and Japanese!




"I hope you love those too, because this film is one of them. This is also the kind of film where a bunch of little Asian chicks in black leather show up, beats the crap out of everybody and saves the day! In other words, we’re in the shallow end of the pool here."



No comments:

Post a Comment