Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Revelation Space

I mentioned Revelation Space already, but I've finally slogged through the entire volume. I was right, I had to go out and buy it, since at the rate I was going, there was no way I'd finish a library book version.

It's not that it was a hard read. Hard science fiction used to be my bread and butter, and I've read more superstrange, sensawonder sf in my life than I can rightly justify.

No, the main problem is that I've got a hundred ways to recreate nowadays, and also take time to interact with Jean and Kelly in the evenings. All that after work, which is demanding in a somewhat intellectual way. So by the end of the evening, working through more than a few pages of a book is usually beyond my resources.

So, capsule review, two thumbs up. I intend to look into more Alastair Reynolds, Chasm City being set in the same universe, seems like a good candidate. Maybe I'll buy it for the summer. If so, you'll read about it here first!

No comments:

Post a Comment