Thursday, June 24, 2004

Fog of War

This is another movie Jean and I watched before hitting Disneyland. It's a film by Errol Morris, who is a great documentary film-maker. I've had the pleasure of listening to him talk about his craft on Fresh Air, and I've read a brief interview with him about tools he invented to facilitate his theories of interviewing, and I have to say he's damned clever.

Two other films of his I've seen that I also recommend are Fast, Cheap and Out of Control and A Brief History of Time. Sometime in the near future I expect I'll rent Mr. Death, centered on the inventor of the electric chair.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw "The Control Room," a documentary about Al Jazeera and the start of the Iraq war. I highly recommend it. Fascinating personalities, and an interesting behind-the-scenes view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pascale! I'll see if I can get it at the local rental place.

    ReplyDelete