Wednesday, June 9, 2004

Generation Gap

Kelly and I were listening to the freebies Apple's been giving away, and she jumped on Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows (the notion of counting crows, or crows that know how to count?). I had previously rated it two stars, out of five, for being typical pop rock with very little originality. Kelly wanted to hear it twice, probably because it's featured in Shrek 2.

This led to me looking for Holding Out for a Hero, which was in a pivotal, chaotic scene in the movie. I knew there were two versions, the 'original', and a trancey, electronica version that played over the closing credits. I found the original, by Bonnie Tyler, which I kinda like. Kelly found the remix, by a group called Frou Frou, and had me play it twice. So once again we diverge!

I was still more surprised to find that the 'original' was in fact sung by Jennifer Saunders, who played the voice of the fairy godmother. I really enjoy her character acting, but I was really surprised that she sang that well (maybe a little studio engineering help in there?). Either way, Kelly prefers the Frou Frou.

No comments:

Post a Comment