Sunday, February 22, 2004

Movies Galore

Jean rented a couple of movies this weekend, one of which she watched alone as I'd seen it in the theatre. This was Lost In Translation, which I liked quite a bit. Jean wasn't so impressed, liking Bill Murray's role, but saying "I'm glad I rented it instead of seeing it in the theatre."

Jean and I both watched Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore's movie about the Columbine High School shootings and what might have led to them. My verdict, the movie is about 30% documentary, and 70% editorial. Moore can be funny, but his attempt to play deadpan comic to people he is harrassing just annoys me. Still in all, I found the movie interesting and was surprised in a couple of places.

Finally, I managed to squeeze in Returner, watching it in chunks over the course of Sunday on my computer. I can see how some say it's a mixed bag, and it is surely inspired by a raft of other sci-fi movies, a large number of them Hollywood blockbusters. But I still think it is it's own movie, and for me it was definitely worth watching. I want my buds to watch it too, but they weren't all that impressed with Versus, another movie I liked quite a lot, while acknowledging that it too had flaws.

So Kylanath, I agree this is a fun movie, but I need you to push Tom to watch it, or he won't believe me!

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to also tell Max that he hasn't seen it yet and that he needs to =)

    ReplyDelete