Tuesday, March 4, 2003

So It Begins

I saw my first Gameboy Advance SP commercial this evening. Yes, I've said I don't watch commercials, but if I'm in the living room reading while Kelly has the television on, some of them leak through.

The commercial is in a dark, misty wood in the middle of the night. Moths are fluttering toward a brilliant light in the distance. They break into a clearing, and there is the shining front-lit screen of the GBA SP. Some marketing text about 'simply brilliant' or some such appears as the gadget folds shut.

Almost makes me want to not buy it. However, it's too late. Kelly spotted two new Pokemon games that are for the GBA only, and asked for them for her birthday. Jean didn't know the difference between a GBA game and a GBA Advance game, so she said 'maybe'. In the course of talking it out, I more or less spilled the beans in front of Kelly that I was thinking about getting a new unit and giving my old one to her. So now it's almost set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment