Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Recovery Diet



I knew I was getting over my cold this weekend when I developed a craving for fresh salad fixings. I went nuts at the grocery store, and I was rewarded with an intense sensation of pleasure eating my made-from-scratch salad (both Saturday and Sunday). Try this yourself:





  • spinach


  • sliced zucchini


  • miniature sweet peas


  • diced yellow bell pepper


  • one medium organic tomato, de-seeded and sliced


  • bean sprouts


  • alfalfa sprouts


  • shredded colby jack cheese


  • kalamata olives, brine cured


  • fresh croutons made by toasting, then dicing homemade whole wheat bread


  • bleu cheese dressing






I'm thinking the average heroin addict is sorely misled. This stuff is pure heaven. Gonna do it again next weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment