Tuesday, May 15, 2001

Uber-geek Humor



Jean dissected a sheep brain today! Imagine getting this message on your answering machine: "I dissected a sheep brain today! It was fun!" She's taking a biology course, and this was her lab work. So tonight before I put her to bed we were talking about that, and other biology stuff, when the subject of how bones grow came up.





I mentioned that I'd seen an animation of some 'scrubbing-bubbles' sort of blood cell eating up old bone, and new bone growing in it's place. Jean said, "osteoclasts break down bone, and osteoblasts build them back up." Without missing a beat, I blurted out H. R. Osteoclast'n'Blast and started to giggle.





Jean said "that isn't even funny." Of course I started to laugh uncontrollably. "It is to me!"





Jean told me that 'over the years' she's come to realize that this sort of severely retarded humor of mine pops up whenever I'm under a lot of stress and that it is a signal trait of uber-geeks. I guess so, 'cause I'm cracking up right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment