Monday, May 21, 2001

Music To My Ears



My office has been without music for a couple of weeks. Ever since the sysadmins installed my new Linux box, neglecting to compile sound support into the kernel. Curse them!





So while I was at Fry's this morning, I picked up a power converter, a.c. -> 4.5 volt d.c. I hooked it up to my little Panasonic portable CD player, then hooked that up to my Benwin 2000 flat-panel speakers (which even include a small subwoofer). The volume was set up for the output of the Linux box, so I kinda blasted the hallway on the first experiment (sorry Carsten!) but things are working fine now. I didn't realize how much I missed the music.



So what's playing? Why Moshi Moshi of course. Now that I can play it in the background at work, maybe I'll get around to writing those reviews sometime soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment