Sunday, November 8, 2009

Verizon DSL Outage

This seems to happen frequently. I use the Internet at home happily right up until bedtime. Then I retire, get a good night's sleep, get up and get ready for work, tralala. Sometime during the morning I start up the computer, and lo, no Internet! Several power cycles and modem reboots later, still no Internet.

So to recap, Internet service good into the evening, next morning no Internet.

Given that I'm getting ready to go into work, I don't really have the time to spend navigating the Verizon voicemail maze and walking an all-too-familiar diagnostic tree with some underpaid tech, so I usually have to let it go. It's fifty-fifty whether the Internet service is up again by the time I get home in the evening.

So rather than go with my hazy memory and complain about service outages again, I'm going to start registering them on the weblog. Over time this will give me a better measure of actual reliability. So...

This morning, 11/09/09, the Internet connection was down when I checked it at 6:20am, and continued to be down until I left at 7:20am. Multiple power cycles of both the computer and router, multiple reboots of the router. I'm posting this from work, for the record.

Update



After work, and we're mysteriously online again!



No comments:

Post a Comment