Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek

This morning I went to the IMAX showing of the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek at Bridgeport Village. I took the morning off as vacation time to give this to myself as a birthday present. How could I resist since the Friday opening hit on my birthday exactly? I don't usually do anything to celebrate on my actual birthday, preferring to combine my and Jean's celebrations on her birthday, since it is so close to mine.

In any case, this was a fun movie, no question. I'm not sure it is really Star Trek, but if you just think of it as a fun, busy, explodey scifi movie, then you'll be fine. I'll probably see it in a theater again (without the IMAX premium), but I'm already looking forward to where they take the franchise after this reboot.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday.
    Bo's birthday is around this time too. In fact it will be the Saturday we gather at Tom's. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa!
    I'll try to remember to bring a little treat or something for Bo, if I make it.

    ReplyDelete