Saturday, May 30, 2009

E'njoni Cafe

Jean, Renee and I went to E'njoni Cafe today to celebrate Jean's and my birthday. Her birthday trails mine by exactly three weeks (we're otherwise exactly the same age), so we have a celebration together.

The food was very good! Let me get that out of the way first thing. Renee ordered the Sega Tibs, I got the Alitcha Dorho and a yam and peanut soup (sooo good!) and Jean ordered a three vegetable combination. They were all served together family-style on a large, lovely ceramic platter. Or rather on a large sheet of injera, resting in turn on the platter. There were other nibbles, but all was very tasty.

This is a family owned business, and the husband came over and talked with us for several minutes. He's lived in America for (I think) 32 years now, and was very happy to talk to us about his business and his efforts to get wider recognition. So here you go, fella!

Seriously, from Tualatin, it's around 20-30 minutes to get there, but finding it was easy, and parking was not difficult to find. Still, I wish there was an Ethiopean/Eritrean restaurant closer to home.



No comments:

Post a Comment