Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Music Pipeline

I've been wading through the freebies from the 2006 SXSW (I haven't even started on 2007's free content). Nice discoveries:


  • Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello

  • Forever and Day - Her Space Holiday

  • Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall

  • Destroy everything you touch - Ladytron

  • Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show

  • Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge



From Jean's Mash-Up Train, we have some new contenders as well:


  • Alla vill till Darins Himmel - Calle Hansson

  • I Love New England - Lenlow



Then a cool little culture collision I picked up scanning the web:


  • Hip Hop Violin - Paul Dateh & Inka one



I've also been previewing a couple of albums:


  • Ramonetures

  • In Rainbows - Radiohead



The first is a cover album of Ramones tunes, done in the style of surf guitar. It's not too bad, but I've been spoiled listening to Takeshi Terauchi, who is a Japanese surf guitar god, so they have a steep hill to climb.

The second album is Radiohead's latest, and their first without being under contract to a major label. It's 'free', in that they let you decide how much to pay for it. I'm previewing before I give them any money, as I am generally annoyed with Thom Yorke's policy of only allowing sales of complete albums since he feels that allowing purchase of individual tracks destroys the artistic integrity of his music. Rii-ight. Anyway, so far there are only a couple of songs I'd pay for, so I'll probably delete this one in a day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment