Tuesday, January 9, 2007

On a Roll, Here

Recent iTunes purchases, in order:


  1. One More Try - My Robot Friend

  2. Polka Power! - "Weird Al" Yankovic

  3. Tetrishead - Zoe Keating

  4. Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey

  5. Girl Anachronism - The Dresden Dolls

  6. Coin Operated Boy - The Dresden Dolls



"One More Try" is atypical for My Robot Friend, as it has a guest vocalist, Antony. And typically for me, it's the one song I really like off this album, Dial Zero.

"Polka Power!" I first heard as the music for the anime music video Anime Polka. I showed it to Renee, which set her off on a grand adventure hunting down every darn song that "Weird Al" has on iTunes and YouTube. I bought this one out of a sense of nostalgia.

"Tetrishead" is a tune off One Cello x 16: Natoma. Zoe Keating is a cello artist who creates compositions with tape looping of her cello performances. This tune is particularly captivating.

Goldfinger I hope everybody recognizes.

The two songs by The Dresden Dolls are the best ones off their premiere album. They also have music videos of these online. Oh, and I love their self-description: Brechtian Punk Opera.


No comments:

Post a Comment