Monday, February 20, 2006

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

After my first round of fillings, I decided to buy myself a treat. Eric Ho assures me that the new Nintendo DS Lite will be available in North America very shortly after it's March 2nd Japan release date, so I decided to hold off on buying my own DS. Instead, I talked Renee into letting me use her DS to try out games on. I ran over to Fry's after work and picked up Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (not so coincidentally abbreviated RE: DS).

So far I've only played some in Classic Mode, which aims to replicate the original gameplay and story line. The entire game, including a new play mode called Rebirth, fits onto a card the size of a postage stamp. It's got the opening 'live actor' video from the original PS One game, and the same damnably bad voice acting. I'm kinda amazed that all this stuff fits on such a little card, but I shouldn't be.

In any case, I'll be wrestling with Renee for occasional access to her DS until the Lite hits U.S. shores.


No comments:

Post a Comment