Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Taking My Money - By Strategy

I know where I'm going to drop my next thirty bucks. I was browsing Asian Mack Super Filter ("We sift through Apple's iTunes Music Store so you don't have to!") and there was a link to Viva! Roxy Music. I followed it, which opened iTunes and went to the music store. Then I checked out an iMix labelled AllEnoRoxyFerry, and clicked. And there was the pot of gold. Three of the pop rock albums by Brian Eno, which I glided through college on:



I can't tell you how many times I listened to these albums, on vinyl. Eno was as innovative in pop as he was in ambient and new wave, and I'm buying all three of these suckers the next time I do an iTMS purchase. I've been cursing Apple that they hadn't gotten the rights to sell these, for the longest time; now I'm cursing them for getting them all at once!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm really glad you found those albums indirectly through our site AsianMack Super Filter! Your story validates what we're doing on the site--helping people find the music they love (new and old). Thanks for listening and I hope you come back again!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

  2. I'm really glad you found those albums indirectly through our site


    I've been a fan of various MP3blogs for some time now. If not for them, I'd never have found out about Abby Lincoln (how could I not have ever heard her?) and Jeff Buckley (I bought Grace, and Afro Blue is on my to-buy list). I'll take these musical gems directly, indirectly, any way I can get 'em!


    As for AsianMack, if I tried to buy every album you list that I know I like (or at least artist), I'd rapidly go broke. So you guys do have your finger on my pulse, and I'll take a chance on some recommendation you make for an artist I don't know because of that. I'm not grabbing your site as a feed yet, just visiting now and then. Things don't seem to scroll off the front page dangerously fast, so for now that works.


    I'd enjoy it if you included an 'about us' link, so I can get an idea of the musical history of your various contributors. How about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don. An "About Us" link is definitely in the works. That's a great idea. My main focus once the site was up was to get all of our (me and my contributor friends) favorite music up there. I'll be folding in some other areas like an About Us (who are you and why should I listen?) shortly. The difficult thing is building it out part-time. But it will come! Anyway, thanks again for visiting. You have really great taste BTW! Brian Eno rules.

    ReplyDelete