Saturday, May 8, 2004

Getting Better

I've begun to understand the D70 a little better, as today's banner photo illustrates. The banner image itself looks little better than my first effort. I'm still trying to understand the interaction of Photoshop and the digicam output files, so scaling the image down makes it look curdled. But click on the link (large file ahead!) and you'll see that the larger image looks crisp and noiseless. You can even see dead aphids on the leaves, though they are out of focus; they were not the topic of the photo after all!

I ran down to Oregon Photo today to try to buy a bag. I want one barely larger than the camera, with nice padding and an adjustable shoulder strap with sliding pad. They didn't have a match. So until I find the perfect bag, I won't be hauling this baby to NOVA meetings, anyway. Sorry Alan!

2 comments:

  1. As far as I see the rose is a little out
    of focus otherwise the larger version
    should be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as I mentioned, still just in the experimental stages. I did this shot handheld, and there was a breeze, so I don't expect it to be crisp. Still, the larger version does have a lot of detail for a handheld close-up.
    So, Peter, do I know you, or are you just a helpful stranger? ;^)~

    ReplyDelete