Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Da Craw, Da Craw!

Damn I love the Internet! I went down to check the ReplayTV for tomorrow's television sloth (hint, no football), and discovered that due to a glitch it had cleared all the program guide data (not my recording requests, just the 'TV Guide' menu).

Now I already knew about this but had to go to the site again to look it up. All ReplayTV boxes have a secret menu, named humorously by it's developers the "Clawfoot Portal". Just start viewing live television, and enter 2-4-3-Zone. Bingo! Secret Menu. Then I used this to force a phone connect and had my program guide updated in less than twenty minutes.

Did I mention that I love the Internet?

2 comments:

  1. No Football? Blasphemy! ^_^ I'm not sure what I'd do with the multiple cousins and their offspring without being able to soak in the goodness of some Turkeyday gridiron goodness. Now, if only I could find a group of guys willing to go play a Thanksgiving game in some park. ^_^
    --Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No football, but I may try to do some Pilates between video games

    ReplyDelete