Friday, February 1, 2002

Out of the Woods



I finally made it out of Macalania Wood! It took a long time, but I think the primary thing which helped this time was dumb luck. The main monster I held most responsible for killing my party the last two times, the Iron Giant, didn't put in an appearance for any of the battles. Which is ironic, since one of the skills Wakka picked up between battles was Dark Buster, supposedly the only thing effective against them.





After that was a battle with a Sin Spawn. No fair, after that nasty Wood! It only had one weakness, and I couldn't use sensor on it to find out what it was. In the end, I'm not even sure I discovered it's weakness so much as bored it to death. I dragged the fight out interminably by constantly re-healing everybody--go Yuna!





So around 11pm I reached another save spot, the Inn at Macalania Lake, maintained by the Rin Travel Agency. I'm afraid I wasn't very careful in my purchases, spending most of my hard-earned booty on Phoenix Down (revive one KO-ed character) and potions to restore hit points. So if there was some special gee-gaw I was supposed to buy, I'm now too broke to get it.





I saved and went upstairs. I'll view the tutorials for new fiends in the next day or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment