Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recent Movies

Jean and I went together to see Up In the Air, and were mildly disappointed.

We tried to watch the DVD Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, which was an HBO production, but while it tried to be multi-narrative, it was just disjointed.

I tried to watch a movie from my childhood, How to Murder Your Wife, and Jean gamely tried to watch along. It's rather dated, misogynistic humor, but Jean said the real problem was that it was so predictable. I only saw this once before, when I was nine years old, in the back of my parent's station wagon at a drive-in in Washington, D.C., and the parts I remembered were the kid-fun parts, where Jack Lemmon acts out the stories of a super-spy. Figures.

And, last weekend, as a solo outing, I went to see Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which felt a lot like the early, imaginative, vibrant Gilliam.

No comments:

Post a Comment