Monday, May 7, 2007

Settlers of Catan

I am really torn about the new Xbox Live Arcade version of Settlers of Catan. On the one hand, I like the idea of having a version of the game with AIs for the other players, so I don't have to tie my schedule to anybody else's.

On the other, if I do want to engage in multiplayer games, I can only do it online. It's one player per box!!! WTF??!?!?

I know of at least one young woman in my household, and one friend of hers, who would enjoy playing this game with me, and I have three controllers. If I can play online, if I can play against three AIs on my box, why can't I play against two other humans on my box?

Since I'm still not interested in buying a Gold account to go online, that means the game is only a single-player emulation of a multi-player game. That sucks.


2 comments:

  1. When I get my 360 unpacked [in a few weeks] we'll have to play a game or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet, I'd need a Gold account for that...

    ReplyDelete