Sunday, November 5, 2006

Black Bean Soup Returns

I made this recipe before, but I had to substitute black turtle beans for the black beans I used before, and it did make a material difference to the recipe. Not as thick, different taste. Still, it tastes better than the average soup, and I loves me soup. I put a few servings away in the freezer as I was worried that we wouldn't be able to use it up before it turned, but the weekend is not over yet, and the larger tupperware bowl is down to about one serving.

Pity this recipe is so time-consuming to make. It takes upwards of two hours, with frequent attention required. So I won't be making it weekly, but my it's good!


2 comments:

  1. Next time substitute in turtle meat and / or turtle eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or instead of black turtle beans, I could try chickpeas! ;^)~

    ReplyDelete