Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Breather

For the first time in a few weeks I got to visit with my friends. Jean got off work early, so I even got to show up before 7pm. Tom hosted at his place, and Bo and Lisa, James, Alan and Dan were all there for the duration of the night. I had a great time, laughed myself hoarse (still am somewhat, the next day).

My only regret is that I didn't exercise better judgement when we went out to Red Robin for a late dinner. I got the fish fry (greasy breaded fish, yum!) and had a Dr. Pepper with the meal. Between the heavy food and the excess caffeine, I was up a good chunk of the night. As Jean said, "you could have gotten away with that when you were 20..."

Tom is trying to talk Alan into going to a Saturday matinee of Wicked in September. I envy them. I love the musicals, and I'm tickled with this revisionist story of the Wicked Witch of the West. But Jean works Saturdays, so I'll have to be content with a trip report.

4 comments:

  1. Gomen Phin
    We'd love to see you go too. I know Tom bought an extra ticket (8 seats total). Adam, Wally, Wally's hubby, Brian, myself, Tom and Alan plan to go and there is 1 extra ticket left. Don't know if Tom got someone to take the 8th ticket yet ^_~
    limu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know it would be fun on top of fun, but Saturdays, especially matinee time, are blocked out while Jean works. Tell me all about it after?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditch the kid and come with us. ^_~ Just gotta get you home before her. Jean'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, you are such a pure soul. Someday you'll understand... ;^)~

    ReplyDelete