Sunday, February 20, 2005

In the Mood for Love

It's Sunday, which means I take Kelly to Sunday school. As usual, I towed along my laptop, and this time began watching another movie I've had in my stack for a year and a half, In the Mood for Love, by Wong Kar-Wai. This synopsis conveys the factual element of the story admirably.

Of course, no Wong Kar-Wai film is solely about the story. 'Mood' appears in the title of this movie, and 'mood' is a major component of each of his films I've seen so far. I first heard of him when I went to see Chungking Express at Cinema 21 with my friend Alan Matzka. More recently I watched Ashes of Time on DVD, and now Mood. I enjoyed this sad character study, and I hope I can get more of his films at Expo this year. I know that his latest film is 2046, so it should be readily availble.


No comments:

Post a Comment