Friday, March 15, 2002

Christening



It's been three days now of using the new Nordictrack elliptical trainer. I think I'm going to like it. But my problem is what to call it. I don't want to call it 'the Nordictrack', "Jean, I'm going downstairs to use the Nordictrack", because that's what I used to call the ski trainer, which was also made by Nordictrack.





I could say "I want to go do some aerobic training" to sort of match my 'strength training' on the Bowflex, but that seems sort of awkward somehow. 'Use the elliptical trainer' is just too much of a mouthful. So I've been pondering it, and I was telling Jean about my quandary. "I need a nickname for the thing," I told her.





"I've just been calling it the 'cyclical'," she replied.





Then from a neighboring room, Kelly pitched in: "how about a 'Bikeler'?" [ bike' - ler]





So be it. Our fancy new bit of exercise equipment is 'the Bikeler'.



No comments:

Post a Comment